Great news today – Writing in the House of Dreams has received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from the lovely Katherine Langrish, writer and story-teller extraordinaire. You may have heard her on Radio 4’s Open Book programme recently, discussing dystopian fiction.
Katherine’s interesting and inspiring blog is called Seven Miles of Steel Thistles
Under the conditions of the award, I have to tell you seven things about myself, and as it’s spring, I’m giving you seven pictures from my garden, which is always a source of happy ponderings for me:
1. My garden is loooong, so even on a day when it’s too cold to sit out, I like to walk up and down on breaks from my computer
2. When it’s warm, you can’t beat a swing seat for sunning
3. Coffee at the table under the trees is good when there are notes or MSS to read
4. For contemplation, a nice peaceful pond
5. Flowers, obviously…
6. Pending DIY projects to help me stay focused on my writing
7. And even on rainy days, watching the birds through my study window
But enough about me! Now I have the privilege of nominating five Very Inspiring Bloggers myself. This time I’m going for blogs on writing, and here they are:
- The astonishingly prolific rarasaur – I know she’s already got this award, but I like spreading the word about the good stuff!
- Therapeutic Journal Writing – a lovely writing therapy blog from Lapidus member, Kate Thompson
- Poet and teacher, Geraldine Green, whose blog is Salt Road
- Cristian Mihai – a young Romanian blogger sharing his thoughts and views on writing and art
- Stroppy author – info about all things writing, with plenty of attitude
With Katherine’s that makes six Very Inspiring Bloggers for you. Happy reading!
Do you know any VIBs? Please share!